Steel is an integral part if Indian Industry. India is the world’s second-largest producer of crude steel, with production of 9.8 MT.
There is a huge demand in sectors like construction, railways, automobile and others, seeing the high demand huge potential; government & private sectors are showing interest in the industry. There are many leading steel companies that are contributing the industry, we have collated the list of top steel companies of India:
- TATA STEEL LIMITED: Tata steel is one of the oldest private firms of Asia. It was founded in year 1907 by Jamsetji Tata. This the company is based in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand and its headquarters is in Mumbai has ten directors – Koushik Chatterjee, Noel Naval Tata, and others.
- Revenue: Over INR 60,000/- Cr
- CIN: L27100MH1907PLC000260
- INCORPORATION DATE: 26 August, 1907
- JSW STEEL LIMITED: JSW Steel Limited started in the 1994 by Sajjan Jindal with a single steel plant in Mumbai and now the company has grown to multiple states & operations in international markets. Jsw Steel Limited has 11 directors – Haigreve Khaitan, Sajjan Jindal, and others.
- Reveneue: Over INR 70,000/- cr
- CIN: L27102MH1994PLC152925
- INCORPORATION DATE: 15 March, 1994
- STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED: SAIL is government owned company started in year 1973, its headquarters is in Delhi. Ms. Soma Mondal is CEO of the company and it has 16 directors – Kasi Viswanatha Raju Sagi, Sukriti Likhi, and others.
- Revenue: Over INR 70,000/- Cr
- CIN: L27109DL1973GOI006454
- INCORPORATION DATE: 24 January, 1973
4. JINDAL STEEL & POWER LIMITED: Jindal Steel & Power Limited was founded in 1979 by Om Prakash Jindal. The company has it’s operation in India & international markets and has nine directors – Naveen Jindal, Sunjay Kapur, and others.
- Revenue: Over INR 30,000/- Cr
- CIN: L27105HR1979PLC009913
- INCORPORATION DATE: 28 September, 1979
6. RASHTRIYA ISPAT NIGAM LTD: The company was founded in year 1982 and has Deb Kalyan Mohanty as chairman cum Managing Director. The government-owned company has its headquarters in Vizag and has ten directors – Sukriti Likhi, Venu Gopal Rao Venkata Varanasi, and others.
- Revenue: Over INR 18,000/- cr
- INCORPORATION DATE: 18 February, 1982
7. NMDC STEEL LIMITED: NMDC is a government-owned iron and steel manufacturing company in India. They are into iron, steel, mining mineral resources, magnesium, and diamond. A S Pardha Saradhi is chief General Manager & Co. Secretary of the company and it has headquarters in Hyderabad.
- Revenue: Over INR
- CIN: U27310CT2015GOI001618
- INCORPORATION DATE: 02 January, 2015
8. ESL STEEL LIMITED: The company was founded in year 2006 has its registered office in Bokaro. The company is known as the pioneer of introducing Ductile Iron Pipes in India and established itself in international markets as well. It has five directors – Prasun Kumar Mukherjee, Mahendra Singh Mehta, and others.
- Revenue: Over INR 4,000/- cr
- CIN: U27310JH2006PLC012663
- INCORPORATION DATE: 20 December, 2006
9. GODAWARI POWER AND ISPAT LIMITED: GPIL, earlier known as Ispat Godawari Ltd (IGL), belongs to HIRA Group of Industries. The company manufactures sponge iron, billets, ferro alloys, captive power, wire rods, steel wires and also iron ore pellets.
- Revenue: Over INR 3,000/- cr
- CIN: L27106CT1999PLC013756
- INCORPORATION DATE: 21 September, 1999
10. VISA STEEL LIMITED: Visa steel was founded in 1996. The main products are bars and wire rods of pig iron, sponge iron, and special steel. has six directors – Vishambhar Saran, Vishal Agarwal, and others.
- Revenue: Over INR 610/- cr
- CIN: L51109OR1996PLC004601
- INCORPORATION DATE: 10 September, 1996