Companies that are involved in the manufacture of motor vehicles, or vehicle components, such as engines and bodies, but excluding tires, batteries, and fuel comes under automotive industry. Here is the list of top 10 automobile companies based in Mumbai:
1. MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA LIMITED incorporated on 02 October, 1945 based in Mumbai. It offers automobiles, commercial vehicles, and two-wheelers. It is the largest manufacturer of tractors in India. The company has 12 directors – Anand Gopal Mahindra, Haigreve Khaitan, and others.
- Revenue: Over INR 46,262cr
- CIN: L65990MH1945PLC004558
- INCORPORATION DATE :02 October, 1945
2. BAJAJ AUTO LIMITED is a top notch automobile company of India that was started in 2007. The main products are motorcycles, KTM bikes, 3 wheelers. The company has 13 directors – Madhur Bajaj, Sanjivnayan Rahulkumar Bajaj, and others.
- RVENUE: OVER INR 20,000 CR
- CIN: L65993PN2007PLC130076
- INCORPORATION DATE: 30 April, 2007
5. SKODA AUTO VOLKSWAGEN INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED is a German automotive manufacturer of luxury vehicles. This German based company has it’s manufacturing unit in Delhi; started in 2007 and has 13 directors – Christian Udo Cahn Von Seelen, Piyush Shailendra Arora, and others.
- RVENUE: OVER INR 8000 CR
- CIN: U70102PN2007FTC133117
- INCORPORATION DATE: 06 February, 2007
- FCA INDIA AUTOMOBILES PRIVATE LIMITED, the company known as Fiat Group Automobiles India Private Limited was formed in the year 2012. FCA is a leading car manufacturer & it’s major products are transmissions, engines, and automobiles. It has two directors – Roland Ernest Bouchara and Carl Matthew Smiley.
- RVENUE: OVER INR 1500 CR
- CIN: U50102PN2012PTC209229
- INCORPORATION DATE: 07 March, 2012
5. JAGUAR LAND ROVER INDIA LIMITED was founded in the year 2008. The company produces, develops, designs, and manufactures high-performance luxury cars. The company has four directors – Rohit Suri, Govind Ramdas Patil, and others.
- RVENUE: OVER INR 1000 CR
- CIN: U34200MH2012FLC237194
- INCORPORATION DATE: 25 October, 2012 / 10 yrs
- HINDUJA GROUP LIMITED was founded in the year 1914 by Parmanand Deepchand Hinduja. Ashok Leyland is the 2nd largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles in India, the 3rd largest manufacturer of buses in the world. The company has six directors – Harsha Ashok Hinduja, Ashok Parmanand Hinduja and others.
- RVENUE: OVER INR 190 CR
- CIN: U72200MH1995PLC088486
- INCORPORATION DATE: 18 May, 1995
- CEAT LIMITED was established in 1958 and has head office in Mumbai. The company manufactures wide range of tyres for two-wheelers, three-wheelers, four-wheelers, tractors, tippers and trucks. 11 directors – Atul Champaklal Choksey, Haigreve Khaitan, and others.
- RVENUE: OVER INR 7000 CR
- CIN: L25100MH1958PLC011041
- INCORPORATION DATE: 10 March, 1958
- TATA MOTORS LIMITED was founded in the year 1945. Its major products are Sports Cars, Coaches, Construction Equipment, Automotive Parts, Military Vehicles, etc. It has nine directors – Vedika Bhandarkar, Chandrasekaran Natarajan, and others.
- RVENUE: OVER INR 40,000 CR
- CIN: L28920MH1945PLC004520
- INCORPORATION DATE: 01 September, 1945
- WINDALS AUTO PRIVATE LIMITED was started in the year 1990. Windals is owned and managed by Dalwai Family. Company offers commercial vehicle, off-highway, passenger cars, and farm equipments. Company has two directors – Abdulla Sahebkhan Dalwaiand Asif Abdulla Dalwai.
- RVENUE: OVER INR 50 CR
- CIN: U50101MH1990PTC056302
- INCORPORATION DATE: 23 April, 1990
- BOMBAY CYCLE AND MOTOR AGENCY LIMITED has been in the business of sales, service and repairs of multi-brand vehicles for the last 100 years. It has four directors – Chirag Chakor Doshi, Chakor Lalchand Doshi, and others.
- RVENUE: It ranges INR 1- 100 CR
- CIN: L74999MH1919PLC000557
- INCORPORATION DATE: 12 September, 1919