Unraveling the Diverse Subsidiaries of Flipkart
Flipkart is an Indian e-commerce company that was founded in October 2007 by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal. The company initially focused on online book sales before expanding into other product categories such as consumer electronics, fashion, home essentials, groceries, and lifestyle products. As of March 2017, Flipkart held a 39.5% market share in the Indian e-commerce industry.
Flipkart has had a significant impact on India’s e-commerce industry. The company initially focused on online book sales before expanding into other product categories such as consumer electronics, fashion, home essentials, groceries, and lifestyle products.
Flipkart has also been instrumental in creating thousands of entrepreneurship and employment opportunities across the country while leading frontiers for digital inclusion. The company has transformed the Indian e-commerce landscape, and its success has inspired the growth of other e-commerce companies in the region.
Flipkart India Private Limited, also popularly known as Flipkart, is an unlisted private company incorporated on 19 Sept 2011. It is classified as a private limited company and is located in Bangalore, Karnataka. Its operating revenues range is Over INR 500 cr for the financial year ending on 31 March, 2022.
The company operates an online shopping portal in India. The company retails products in various categories. Over the years, Flipkart has grown exponentially and expanded its reach far beyond the realm of online retail. This blog will explore the diverse subsidiaries of Flipkart, shedding light on their roles, contributions, and impact on the company’s overall growth and success.
1. Myntra: At the forefront of online fashion, Myntra is a subsidiary of Flipkart that needs no introduction. Dive into how Myntra revolutionized the fashion industry, offering an extensive range of trendy clothing, footwear, and accessories. Explore the strategic acquisition by Flipkart and the symbiotic relationship between the two entities.
2. PhonePe: In a digital era, payment platforms have become indispensable, and PhonePe, a Flipkart subsidiary, stands out as a leading player. Discover the inception of PhonePe, its seamless integration with Flipkart’s ecosystem, and its role in shaping India’s digital payment landscape.
3. Ekart: Behind every successful e-commerce company lies a robust logistics network, and Ekart plays that pivotal role for Flipkart. Uncover the story of Ekart, its incredible growth, and the challenges it overcame to become one of India’s largest logistics and supply chain companies.
4. Flipkart Wholesale: B2B commerce takes center stage with Flipkart Wholesale, a subsidiary targeting the needs of small retailers and businesses. Learn how this platform empowers retailers, supports local manufacturers, and aids in the expansion of Flipkart’s market dominance.
5. 2GUD: Delving into the pre-owned and refurbished market, 2GUD is Flipkart’s subsidiary catering to value-conscious shoppers. Explore how 2GUD provides a win-win situation for both buyers and sellers and contributes to Flipkart’s sustainability efforts.
6. Jeeves: Customer service is key to any successful business, and Jeeves, a subsidiary of Flipkart, takes care of after-sales support and installation services. Discover how Jeeves enhances customer satisfaction and adds value to Flipkart’s brand image.
7. Udaan: Udaan, a business-to-business e-commerce platform, was co-founded by former Flipkart executives and shares ties with the retail giant. Learn about Udaan’s rapid rise in the Indian market and how it collaborates with Flipkart to drive mutual growth.
8. Flipkart’s Investments and Acquisitions: Explore Flipkart’s strategy of investing in and acquiring innovative startups to diversify its offerings and stay ahead in the competitive e-commerce landscape. Highlight key investments and acquisitions that have bolstered Flipkart’s position in the market.
Flipkart’s subsidiaries have played a crucial role in its journey from an online bookstore to an e-commerce behemoth and beyond. Each subsidiary brings unique value to the table, contributing to the company’s multifaceted growth. As Flipkart continues to innovate and expand its horizons, the influence of its subsidiaries will undoubtedly shape the future of retail and technology in India and beyond.