A flagship business of the JSW Group, JSW Steel Limited is a Mumbai-based, international steel producer. JSW Steel became India’s second-largest private-sector steel business with the merger of ISPAT Steel and Jindal Vijayanagar Steel Limited. The Jindal Group purchased Piramal Steel Limited in 1982 and renamed it Jindal Iron and Steel Company. Piramal Steel Limited had a small steel mill at Tarapur in Maharashtra (JISCO). In 1982, not long after the acquisition, the group built its first steel plant in Vasind, close to Mumbai.
Later, in 1994, Jindal Vijayanagar Steel Limited (JVSL) was founded with its plant situated at Toranagallu in the Bellary-Hospet region of the State of Karnataka, the centre of the iron ore belt, on 10,000 acres (40 km2) of land. It is located 340 kilometres from Bangalore and has good access to the Chennai Port and Mormugao Port. According to reports, it is the sixth-largest steel factory on the planet.
Production Capacity of JSW Steel Ltd
5.5 MTPA of long products and 12.5 MTPA of flat products make up JSW Steel’s installed crude steel capacity in India, which is 18 MTPA. The plate/pipe mill in Baytown, Texas, a steel manufacturing facility in Ohio, United States, and an Italian long product mill make up JSW Steel’s foreign manufacturing facilities.
A 0.55 MNTPA pipe mill and a plate mill with a capacity of 1.2 MNTPA each are both available at the Baytown site. The hot rolling mill in Ohio has a 3 MNTPA capacity. It has a 1.5 MNTPA Electric Arc Furnace that is largely backwards integrated with (EAF). The Italian factory can produce 1.3 MTPA of long items, including grinding balls, railway lines, bars, and wire rods. With extensive domestic and worldwide reach, JSW Steel is a major leader in the Indian steel industry. Through both organic and inorganic expansion, the Company quickly increased its Indian steelmaking capacity, going from 3.8 MTPA in FY 2006-07 to 18.0 MTPA in FY 2015-16.
With an installed capacity of 12 MTPA, JSW Vijayanagar Works is one of the biggest steel plants in the world. In terms of conversion cost efficiency, the plant is among the best in the world. It is the company’s flagship facility and, in order to reduce conversion costs, it both employs the Corex method (the first in India to do so) and the traditional blast furnace route.
The largest auto-grade steel facility in India, with a capacity of 2.3 MTPA, is located in Vijayanagar Works. Additionally, the twin-stand reversible cold rolling mill and pair cross technology are unique to this steel plant in India.
JSW Dolvi Steel Plant
Strategically situated on Maharashtra’s west coast is JSW Dolvi Works, a 5 MTPA integrated steel factory. It is the first factory in India to use Conarc Technology in conjunction with steel manufacturing and compact strip manufacture (CSP). The facility serves a variety of industries, including the automotive, industrial, and consumer durable sectors, and is connected to a jetty with a 15 MTPA freight handling capacity.
JSW Steel Salem Plant
A sizable facility making special steel in India is the Salem mill of JSW Steel. The facility, which manufactures high-grade steel used in gears, crankshafts, and bearings, is a significant supplier to companies that make car components.
The Salem factory is ideally situated to serve the demands of the major car centres in southern India. It is well connected by rail, road, and sea, which makes it convenient for the transfer of raw materials and completed goods. It is around 340 kilometres from Chennai and 180 km from Bengaluru.
List of Subsidiaries of JSW Steel Ltd
So Here is the List of Subsidiaries of JSW Steel Ltd
- JSW Steel (UK) Limited
- JSW Steel (Netherlands) B.V.
- JSW Steel (USA) Inc.
- Periama Holdings, LLC
- Purest Energy, LLC
- Hutchinson Minerals, LLC
- Meadow Creek Minerals, LLC
- R.C. Minerals, LLC
- Peace Leasing, LLC
- Keenan Minerals, LLC
- Prime Coal, LLC
- Rolling S Augering, LLC
- Planck Holdings, LLC
- Periama Handling, LLC
- Caretta Minerals, LLC
- Lower Hutchinson Minerals, LLC
- JSW Panama Holdings Corporation
- Santa Fe Mining
- Inversiones Eurosh Limitada
- Santa Fe Puerto S.A.
- JSW Natural Resources Limited
- JSW ADMS Carvo Lda
- JSW Natural Resources Mozambique Limitada
- Nippon Ispat Singapore (PTE) Limited
- Arima Holding Limited
- Erebus Limited
- Lakeland Securities Limited
- Acero Junction Holdings, Inc.
- JSW Steel Italy S.r.l.
- JSW Steel USA Ohio, Inc.
- JSW Steel Italy Piombino S.p.A.
- GSI Lucchini S.p.A.
- Piombino Logistics S.p.A. – A JSW Enterprise
- JSW Steel Coated Products Limited
- JSW Jharkhand Steel Limited
- Amba River Coke Limited
- JSW Bengal Steel Limited
- JSW Energy (Bengal) Limited
- JSW Natural Resources India Limited
- JSW Natural Resource Bengal Limited
- JSW Realty & Infrastructure Private Limited
- Peddar Realty Private Limited
- JSW Industrial Gases Private Limited
- JSW Utkal Steel Limited
- JSW One Platforms Limited (formerly known as JSW Retail Limited)
- Hasaud Steel Limited
- Makler Private Limited (w.e.f. June 6, 2019 up to March 25, 2021)
- JSW Vijayanagar Metallics Limited (w.e.f. December 24, 2019)
- Piombino Steel Limited (w.e.f. June 6, 2019 up to March 26, 2021)
- Vardhman Industries Limited (w.e.f. December 31, 2019)
- JSW Vallabh Tin Plate Private Limited (w.e.f. December 31, 2019)
- JSW Retail and Distribution Limited (w.e.f. March 15, 2021)
- Asian Color Coated Limited (w.e.f. October 27, 2020)