Vijay Mallya has been in the news lately for alleged wilful default of INR 9000 crore loan, which he owes to various public sector banks. In this article Tofler takes a look at the companies he serves as a director in.
Vijay Mallya serves as the Chairman of The United Breweries (UB) Group, one of India’s largest conglomerates with diverse interests in brewing, distilling, real estate, biotechnology and information technology. The following is a virtual representation of his company network available at Tofler.
You can access the above visualization at https://www.tofler.in/visualization?cin=L85110KA1995PLC018045 and explore any company’s Network on Tofler.
He serves as a Director in the following companies:
- United Racing & Bloodstock Breeders Ltd was formed in 1988 to bring under single banner Vijay Mallya’s interests in horse racing and breeding.
- Kingfisher Airlines Limited which was an airline group incorporated in 1995 and commenced operations in 2005. The company stopped its services in February 2013 when the Indian government announced the withdrawal of both domestic and international flight entitlements allocated to it.
- United Breweries Limited is a liquor manufacturer and under the flagship brand Kingfisher is present across 69 countries. Vijay Mallya has been on the Board of UBL since March 30, 2002.
- Sanofi India Limited is in the pharmaceuticals sector. It is a part of the Sanofi Group which is the largest pharmaceutical company in Europe and in emerging markets.
- United Breweries (Holdings) Limited is the holding company of UB Group. It completed 100 years in March 2015. The operations of the company comprise primarily of holding of strategic investments and other securities, international trade, development of real estate, sale and rental of constructed, licensing of trademarks, advancing of loans and provision of guarantees.
- Bayer Cropscience Limited operates in the areas of seeds, crop protection and non-agricultural pest control.
- Four Seasons Wines Limited, incepted in 2006, is in the business of winemaking.
- Kingfisher East Bengal Football Team Private Limited, which owns the professional football club East Bengal FC. Vijay Mallya’s United Breweries Group became the owner of the Club in 1998.
- Motorsports Association of India (MAI) was formed as a rival body to the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI). However, FMSCI regained full control of motorsport after the MAI was disestablished.
- VJM Investments Private Limited which is an investing company and is 100% owned by Vijay Mallya.
Apart from the above, he also served as a Director in the Kolkata based Shaw Wallace & Company, a liquor manufacturer, till 2008 when it got merged in to UB Group subsidiary United Spirits Limited.
For Annual Reports, Balance Sheets, Profit & Loss, Company Research Reports, directors and other financial information on ALL Indian Companies, head over to www.tofler.in – Business Research Platform.
Author– Vishal, a Sci-fi enthusiast, engineer by mistake and writer by choice, combines his eye for numbers with a natural flair for storytelling to churn out Tofler’s blogs.
Editor – Anchal, co-founder at Tofler, is a CA, CS and has more than 5 years experience in company analysis. She likes to explore and track companies, their performance and senior management.
Explore Company360 subscription plans to know your vendors, competitors, and clients.